Sunday, September 15, 2013

Breakfast cups (Toast, egg, and bacon)

It is EXTREMELY rare that I sit down to breakfast at all, and even rarer that I make something fancy.  Yesterday, however, I was inspired by a picture I'd spotted in a magazine and feeling the need to spoil myself.





Ingredients:
6 pieces of bread, preferably soft (I used Sunbeam)
3 pieces of bacon, cut in half
4 eggs, beaten well
Butter, melted (2 tablespoons should do it)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375.

Thoroughly grease a muffin tin with butter.  I do mean thoroughly.  If you even doubt you have enough butter, add more.
 
Cut into bread from corners to allow it to fit down into the pan easier as the (horrible) diagram below shows, and push it down into the pan, folding up the edges.  If the bottom tears, don't worry too much.  That's what the butter was for.  You listened to me about the butter, right?
Cook your bacon until it is done, but still pliable (no crispy bacon here!).  Shake the grease off (or not) and curl it inside your bread in a little circle.

Make sure the eggs are beaten well and pour SLOWLY into the bread.  If you pour fast, it may come out in a glob and overflow.  Also, make sure not to overfill too much since it rises a bit and may come out of the pan.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until a tilted pan doesn't show any movement on top of the eggs.  If you have buttered your pan properly, they should just pop right out.  Enjoy hot or at room temperature!

No comments:

Post a Comment