Saturday, June 14, 2014

Double Meat Meatloaf

I like meatloaf, but I'm so picky.  I want it to be meaty, but not just meat.  I want it to have some veggies in it, but to have a nice blend instead of tasting like peas.  I WANT MEATLOAF.

So here you are.  After tasting, testing, and trial, we have the Double Meat Meatloaf.

Ingredients:
1 onion, diced
1 medium bell pepper (I used orange, but red would do just as well) diced
1 box of chicken stuffing and the seasoning packet, if it happens to be seperate
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork (check your meat aisle)
2 eggs, beaten

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Oil or butter a bread loaf pan.

Mix together your onion, bell pepper, stuffing (and seasoning, if separate), garlic, and pepper really well with your hands.  Squish in the beef and pork.  (At this stage, I found that a kneading motion did the trick.)  Make sure you've got all the dry stuff mixed through the meat.  It won't be very tasty if you suddenly hit a patch of straight up stuffing.  Mix in the eggs the same way.  Squish everything into the loaf pan.

Bake for 50 minutes.

Pull out and drain off the grease (there will be a fair amount) and serve!  Mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment