Saturday, February 8, 2014

Healthy "Tapioca" Pudding

I like tapioca a lot, but I'm also working on that New Year's resolution to watch my weight.  And the other New Year's resolution to clean out my cabinets of all the weird stuff I've bought and not finished because I don't know how to use it.  Viola!






Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar (you can adjust this to taste)
about 1/4 tsp vanilla
3 tablespoons Chia seeds (you can get these at a health food store, usually)

Directions:
Heat the milk on a stove or in the microwave until just short of boiling so you can dissolve the brown sugar in it.  Stir in the vanilla.  Mix in the Chia seeds THOROUGHLY! Let the mixture set, covered, overnight and enjoy!

It lasts quite a while too, so you can make a larger batch and enjoy for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment