Monday, March 5, 2012

Quick and Easy: Broccoli Kimpara

I am one of those people who doesn't like to steam the broccoli stalks when I'm making broccoli for dinner or snacks or whatever. At the same time, I really hate throwing away such a large portion of anything I've bought. So Broccoli Kimpara is the perfect solution!

Ingredients:
1 tbs oil (I prefer vegetable, but it's up to you)
1 pinch red pepper flakes
4 stalks of broccoli, florets cut off

Directions
Cut the broccoli stalks in half width-wise, then slice into matchstick thin pieces. Heat a skillet over medium heat with the oil, then add broccoli pieces. Stir fry until the broccoli becomes a bright shade of green, approximately 5 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Eat hot or cold.

In my experience, this recipe will keep in your refrigerator in a air-tight container for about a week. Anything longer and it starts to get that rotten broccoli smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment